Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

WHAT HAPPENED ?

It’s been more than a month since I updated the blog.  Not sure why is that.  It’s what I have accomplished since my last post.

Veloster Turbo
  • Finally fixed the annoying bumper damage and repainted to match my car color and added white strip.
  • Added few mods – Oil Catch Can, Resonator Delete, Blue Washers,  Star Wars Decals and Suppliers Decals.
  • Thoroughly detailed my car as the Winter is finally over … Looking forward to going to eShine Open House to learn more on May 17.
Cleaning Progress
  • Bought 3 large bins from Home Depot on a sale and started going thru the main hall mess…unfortunately it’s a defeat feeling as all I am doing is moving things around...hence for some reason I have stopped cleaning.
  • Got inspired by my recent visit to IKEA and got some paint samples for the main room.  It’s gonna be light blue-grey color with white trims...This color will keep room feel cool and yet stylish. Also planned to get the doors painted glossy black to get some contrast.
Routines
  • I have finally got the daily morning routine going and getting into the habit of cleaning my kitchen and bathroom on the weekly basis.  So that’s my proud accomplishment since my last blog.  A small step towards reducing one-time massive cleaning.
Job Hunting
  • In the space of three days, I was pleasantly surprised to be head-hunted by several companies.  It made me feel good that they are sincerely interested in my talents.  Mercer, Canoe Financial LP, Pan Am Games and Home Depot all asked me if I was interested in their positions.  Naturally I said yes.  It’s been a while since I wore a suit or prepare for the interviews.
    • Pan Am Games – Their job position was to be a Aquatic Manager.  After reading their job description, I felt it would be more demanding than I thought.  I was not looking for more stress and pressure especially with overtime as the date for the Games draws closer.  It was tempting to accept it as it would be 2 year job.  I politely decline their interest in me.
    • Home Depot – Their job position was to be Senior Accountant.  I went for the interview and aced it.  Unfortunately, they felt that I am over-qualified for the position.  Bummer.
    • Canoe Financial LP – Their job position is Financial Fund Accountant.  I also aced two interviews with them.  But to date, I have not yet heard back from them.  At the advice from my brother, I am to be patient and wait for them.
    • Mercer – Their job position is Senior Operations Accountant.  I also aced several interviews and even had lunch with them.  This job interest me the most as it is very similar to Portfolio Accountant with FTI.  It was a period of time that I was most happy with and truly enjoyed my time.  Also still waiting to hear from them.
Tattoos

  • I have gotten two tattoos from BluGod.  On my left wrist is a saying “Live the LIVE you love.”  It’s a tribute to my years of battling the depression and a gentle reminder of what I have gone thru.   And also of how beautiful our life can be.  On my right wrist is a saying “Trust the FORCE.”  It’s a tribute to Star Wars and how much of it seems related to my life and my dreams of space.
  • I am also planning to get a couple more on my biceps.  I already have an “OM” on my right biceps and plan to get some space theme around it.  On my left side, I am planning another Star Wars tattoo.  The initial picture of it doesn’t seem too good at all, so it’s back to the internet for simpler design.  That will take a while to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment